Whether Personal, Commercial, Fleet or others, we have you covered.

  • ICBC Basic Autoplan
  • Third Party Liability
  • Underinsured
  • Hit and Run
  • Inverse Liability
  • Other Insurance Options

Basic Autoplan

In BC our basic automobile liability coverage is government regulated and a mandatory coverage to be purchased through ICBC, this is referred to as Basic Autoplan Insurance.

Basic Autoplan Insurance provides you with the following coverages:

  • Minimum Third Party Liability requirements for your vehicle use
  • Accident Benefits (provides limited coverage for medical and rehabilitation costs, loss of earnings and funeral expenses after an accident)
  • Under Insured Motorist Protection - (provides up to $1,000,000 coverage per person in your vehicle in the event you are involved in an accident with an uninsured or underinsured motorist)
  • Hit & Run and Uninsured Motorist Protection - is available to every B.C. resident, even if you do not own or insure a vehicle. If you are eligible, the $200,000 coverage entitles you to settlement payments for damage, injury or death.
  • Inverse Liability Coverage - provides coverage for your automobile repairs if you are in an out of province accident, where their local law does not permit you to seek compensation for damages.

Optional Coverages

Optional Coverages are also available through ICBC including but not limited to Collision, Comprehensive and Specified Perils. ICBC offers many specialized coverages and packages for your automobile insurance needs.

Please contact our office and let one of our knowledgeable brokers discuss coverages to fit your needs.


At Summit Insurance we specialize in the Commercial Automobile Insurance industry sectors including Logging, Oil & Gas, Agriculture, Mining and Drilling. Please contact us to discuss any of your commercial needs including:

  • Fleetplan Insurance (if you have 5 or more vehicles in the same name, you could qualify for savings of up to 63%)
  • ICBC Prorate Accounts (Commercial Vehicle Use which takes you outside BC)
  • Garage Policies - do you have non-owned vehicles in your care custody and control?? Give us a call to discuss ICBC's compulsory insurance requirements

Moving to or from BC? Have Questions?

Give one of our brokers a call to discuss all of your insurance needs:

  • How to cancel your insurance after you have left the province?
  • Did you know your current BC coverage must be changed prior to leaving BC?
  • How to qualify for maximum discounts in BC?
  • Need to know the BC inspection requirements for your vehicle?
  • Need to know the time frame you have to obtain BC Drivers License and Insurance?
  • Are you a student moving to BC?
  • Are you a BC resident moving out of province enrolled in full time school?

ICBC provides 24/7/365 Claim Service: call 1-800-910-4222 or visit www.icbc.com